Plaisterers’ Hall, London
Location – One London Wall, London
Contract Value – £45,000
Task Appointed – A lighting solution for the high-level Coffer lighting within The Great Hall
Electrical Services Supplied – IDWe Ltd were approached by Plaisterers Hall to offer a replacement lighting solution for the high-level Coffer lighting within The Great Hall.
The existing cold cathode RGBW lighting within the coffer (344m of it), washing The Great Hall ornate ceiling with light, was starting to fail in sections and due to old technology, parts and replacements drivers/controllers were now obsolete and the lighting really was deemed “end of life”.
IDWe Ltd offered up the solution of installing bespoke RGBW 40w/m LED luminaires and associated drivers, to really give the ceiling the ability to be shown off in pretty much any range/shade of colour that is required or requested by customers.
Teaming up with Whitwam AV on the AV control side, IDWe Ltd installed a new DMX network for the new lighting to be integrated onto the existing Creston AV system, with the added benefit of being controlled via a touchscreen tablet.
Timelines – Due to The Great Hall being fully booked, there was only a one-week window to complete the project.
- Isolate the existing electrical supplies serving the high-level cold cathode lighting.
- Using the onsite access equipment (MEWP) plus our own mobile access tower(s) as required to gain access to the high-level coffer.
- Disconnect all SP&N power supplies, redundant control cabling and cold cathode tubes/lighting controllers and remove from site.
- Isolate and disconnect Dimmer Unit no 4. Replace Dimmer unit 4 with new 6-way consumer unit c/w required rcbo’s & mcb’s as required serving the existing SP&N lighting supply cabling within the coffer.
- Supply and install 86 meters of RGBW HD40 LED enclosed within IP40 diffused aluminium profile and adjustable brackets within the lighting coffer.
- Supply and install all required LED Drivers and DMX controllers within the coffer.
Supply and install new DMX cabling up to the coffer from the AV Rack for DMX Creston control.
- Carry out electrical tests to BS7671-2018 and upon satisfactory test results being achieved, energise the LED lighting circuits.
- Focus the LED to the required angle to wash the ceiling and fix brackets into the required position.
- Check operation of the new RGBW LED alongside Whitwam with the Creston system
- Clear site of all redundant material and leave the new RGBW LED in readiness for use.
Result – IDWe Ltd were able to provide a solution for this and completed a day ahead of schedule in readiness for the next big event booked into Plaisterers Hall – The Great Hall.